---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, May 24, 2010

Blue Monday: Two Special Gifts



Today I'm linking up for the first time with SmilingSally for Blue Monday. To visit other Blue Monday participants, click here.


My blue item today is this beautiful little figurine that my 10 year old daughter, Lynzie, gave to me this last Christmas. What is so special about her is that Lynzie had picked out one very similar to it weeks before and told me how much she liked it. I told her to put it on her Christmas list!

When I opened her gift, it really blessed me that she'd chosen something that she wanted so badly to give to me. To add to the specialness, I had purchased the one she picked out and stuck it in her stocking---so we ended up with a matching set!

My daughter Lynzie is one of God's most special gifts to me! She is not only a lovely young lady of whom I grow more and more proud each year, but she's also becoming a close friend and prayer partner!

The second special gift I'd like to introduce is also one of my children---our newest family member, Liam Bradley! Liam was born on May 12 and was the tie breaker for our three boys and three girls! While he's nice and pink, I figured blue is the color associated with baby boys so it's not too far of a stretch to feature him on Blue Monday, right?

Have a great Blue Monday everyone and be sure to check out all the other Blue Monday bloggers at SmilingSally!

24 comments:

  1. That little blue lady is very pretty. Congratuations on your new baby boy!! Wow, 7 children, you go girl!
    Happy Blue Monday..
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet to get such a figurine from your daughter. Congratulations to on your new baby! Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new baby boy, and also blogging with 7.
    Lovely story about the blue ladies at your place.
    Richest Blessings - Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue figurine is beautiful and so is the baby boy. How wonderful to have such a big family.
    Have a happy blue Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a cutie, looks like someone woke him up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet. Congratulations to you on your new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful that your daughter is learning how to give. That figurine is a special one. Happy 1st Blue Monday.

    I'll look for more blue pictures of Liam in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet, precious post. You are blessed in many ways. These are treasures and memories to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh congratulations. How exciting!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the beautful son!!

    What a sweet daughter you have! The lady is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post for Blue Monday! You asked where I found the vintage ad I posted today. It is from a book called, "Memories of a Lifetime: Vintage Labels from a Lady's Dressing Room." I purchased it on Amazon.com and it is wonderfully filled with ads of many colors and styles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful post and a beautiful baby boy. Congrats! Loved your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I, of course, love the blue you chose to share with us today. Your "tie breaker' steals the show, however. What a sweet baby. I hope you are having a wonderful Blue Monday. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. That gift really is sweet. When we had 3 boys and 3 girls in my family growing up my mother was really upset to be pregnant again. She thought her perfect 3 and 3 was going to be spoiled but then she had twins...a boy and a girl so we were 4 boys and 4 girls! Fun times...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your new baby! What a wonderful joy. You're only four behind my mom, she had 11. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sarah, thanks for the comment. Little Blue Lady is cute, and Liam is so adorable! Have a nice week ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wanted to come visit this one also. I was just at the writing blog.. This blog is really cozy.. Thanks for your note and I am now a follower too. Woooohoooo!!!
    Hugs Dena in Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your new baby.. the blue lady figurine is very pretty especially if it comes from your daughter.. that is so sweet.

    The Recycling Loop

    The Corsames

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful figurine! And nice to meet the newest member of the family. Congratulations on your new baby boy. He is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This must be the sweetest contribution to Blue Monday ever!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very sweet story. Congrats to you for the newest addition! He's a cutie. ...Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Please consider signing up for EMAIL NOTICES so you'll have a reminder of our weekly HOMEMAKING PARTY---and more! Have a wonderful day!

Mrs. Sarah Coller

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...