---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, August 1, 2010

I "Blue" It! (Confession Time!) Blue Monday



Welcome to Blue Monday! Today I'm linking up with Smiling Sally (it's been awhile!) Thanks for hosting Sally! Readers, please visit Smiling Sally for more Blue Monday!




















So ho ho....confession time. I blew it! Like just about every other person on this planet, I was going merrily along on my happy little diet when BAM! Temptation came along and knocked me off course!

After having baby #7 in mid-May, I immediately began working on losing the baby weight, plus some, so I wouldn't be too walrus-like whenever #8 decided to come along! Around the first of July, I proudly proclaimed that I was nearing a 30 pound loss since having Liam (yes, actually having Liam is included in that 30 pounds! :)

The night of July 4th, we had some friends over to set off fireworks and my friend Megan showed up in a cute top and skirt. Feeling frumpy and dumpy in my too-big jeans (the only pair of jeans I own--I had put them on just to show Jamie that they were too big), I hurried into the bedroom to change into something cuter. On a whim, I took out this blue skirt from my closet---a yard sale find that had always been too small...I was saving it for a skinny day. I was so thrilled to find that it slipped on easily and looked so cute!

I wore the skirt several more times over that next couple weeks and every time I couldn't help but comment to my husband how amazed I was that I was finally into that cute skirt and how much I loved it! When we headed home to Oregon for a week long visit in mid-July, I packed it with the intention of wearing it to the baby shower my mom was holding for me.

I spent the next 5 days pigging out on whatever I wanted! I was on vacation, after all! As you can imagine, by the time my baby shower rolled around, my skirt did not fit anymore! It looked horrible...so I took it off and put it back into my bag, defeated.

I've spent the last week or so since we've been home feeling defeated still. I'm frustrated with myself for my lack of self-control and I'm feeling like I just don't want to try again.

However, there's this cute blue skirt hanging in my closet reminding me that I was small enough to wear it just a few weeks ago. How long could it possibly take to get back into it?

I'm challenging myself to feature the blue skirt again on Blue Monday two weeks from now. However, instead of dressing it up with pretties like I did above, I'll be wearing it---comfortably. Pray for me, if you think of it, as food addiction is a difficult thing to overcome. I'm determined though---just gotta keep those positive thoughts at the forefront of my mind!

In the meantime, feel free to check out the rest of my blog, as well as Sally's list of Blue Monday participants!

Happy Blue Monday!

12 comments:

  1. 30 pounds? Congrats! How did you do it?

    Love the pin by the way.

    My Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cross! Sounds familiar, i was also in my 3rd week of diet... then I went home, food I missed and can't resist, oh boy, I had a feast :)! Until now, I'm not cooking healthy food yet... happy blue monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear. You'll get back into it. Just don't be too hard on yourself.
    I am sure your Mom delighted in serving you all of your favorite things.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that always the way? It takes so long to drop that weight, and it comes back so quickly--and usually with a vengeance!

    Happy Blue Monday, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, hello Sarah, nice to meet you.
    I'm a homeschooling mommy as well. Well, Mommy might not be the right title now, since he's nearly of graduating age. ;-)

    I know what you mean about the diet thing. I have tried too. I do not have seven children, though. Wow! How do you homeschool seven children? You must be blessed with a great deal of patience and good humor.

    Anyway, I have had a hard time with my figure since my son was born and he's my one and only! lol

    I hope you don't feel too defeated, though. Having some weight on you isn't at all a bad thing. That's what I tell myself. I figure, I walk every day, and keep myself busy and as healthy as I can, and I don't have to fit into those little jeans I use to fit into when I first met my husband. ;-) He doesn't mind, why should I?

    I hope you have a lovely day and that you keep a happy heart,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every day is a new beginning! Don't lose heart...you are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So far, I have not had to be concerned about my weight. I basically weigh the same as when in high school. One important point, I have not had seven children. Sometimes, as I am sure you know, it all does not come from eating. Keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is amazing. Loss of 30 punds is no small thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on losing some weights, keep it up. The photo looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel for you...I am still trying to lose weight and have decided to take it slowly. It took years to put on so it will take a while to take off!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute post...but I know all too well what it is you are talking about.
    I can't understand how it goes on so much easier than it goes off..

    Just persevere...a little at a time and hopefully you will be right back into that cute little skirt.

    have a wonderful day....
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! you did it. Believe in yourself Sarah. Big smile.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Please consider signing up for EMAIL NOTICES so you'll have a reminder of our weekly HOMEMAKING PARTY---and more! Have a wonderful day!

Mrs. Sarah Coller

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...