---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tea Cup Trade: A Meaningful Gift!

 Last month, I participated in a really fun Tea Cup Trade over at Faith, Hope and Cherrytea!  I was paired up with the talented and creative Miss Sue Flay of The Secluded Tea Party.  I thought it would be so fun to trade with someone from the UK...and it was!




As soon as Miss Sue told me she'd put my package in the mail, I was on needles and pins each day to see what surprises were in store for me!  I was not at all disappointed!
One day, a brown, square box came for me---it was my gift!!


I definitely took my time opening it up...removing each bit of tape from the box...  Inside was the cutest little Japanese miniature tea set!  I just love the look on the little guy's face! (click on the picture to enlarge)  She'd also included some delicious White Tea, as well as some recipes for a few of her treats that she makes for her guests during her Secluded Tea Parties.  I think I'll make a couple of those treats, put on a mini-tea party for my girls, and do a follow-up post to show Miss Sue how much I appreciate her! I was extra excited to receive a Japanese set as I had, just the day before, won an auction for a painting of a Japanese geisha.  I've got a great little vignette in mind! 



Thank you so much Miss Sue for the lovely and thoughtful gift! 

AND... As if her generosity wasn't enough already, she even featured the gifts I sent her at her latest Secluded Tea Party---a book-themed party!  If anyone is interested in reading about Miss Sue Flay's Secluded Tea Party events, or to see what I sent her in our trade, please visit her here.

2 comments:

  1. Aww I am so glad that you liked your gift... It took ages to get there, I was starting to worry you would never get it! Hehe.
    Can't wait to see pictures of the treats you make using my recipes!
    Enjoy them! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Please consider signing up for EMAIL NOTICES so you'll have a reminder of our weekly HOMEMAKING PARTY---and more! Have a wonderful day!

Mrs. Sarah Coller

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...