---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Vintage Pilgrim Print & Homemaking Link-Up Weekend

Hello Friends!  It's time for my Homemaking Link-Up Weekend again!  Last week we had many inspiring posts linked up---I'm excited to see what we'll get this week!  I want to introduce you to two fabulous bloggers here in a minute, but first, I'd like to show off this neat print I found at an antique store last year!
This is Christmas Morn at Plymouth, painted by J.L.G. Ferris.  Between 1900 and 1930, Ferris painted a series of 78 historical scenes from America's past.  He painted everything from Christopher Columbus' discovery to the beginning of WWI.  Ferris' series, The Pageant of a Nation, is the largest, intact, series of paintings portraying America's history by one artist!  You can read more about him here.
My print was copyrighted in 1905 and was distributed with the "compliments of" Lindeke, Warner & Sons of St. Paul, Minnesota, one of the nation's largest wholesale dry goods and manufacturing companies of the time.
It was framed by Erickson and Holden Paints and Wall Paper in Walla Walla, WA.
While I think it's beautiful on my piano, I need something a little more near the top of that window pane.  Maybe I'll make a cute fall banner this weekend to add to it all!

As promised, here are my two top pics from the link up last weekend:
First of all, I was SO impressed by this beautiful and very informative post by Ivy & Elephants called Off the Chain!  They offered a lot of great information about the history, function, and beauty of the chatelaine.  They introduced us to this bit of history with these words: "Chatelaines are one of the most beautiful pieces of jewelry to have evolved out of the Edwardian and Victorian eras."  Did I hear "Edwardian"???  "Victorian"???  I'm in!!  Please, take some time to visit this gorgeous blog and enjoy this well-researched article.  I've read several posts by these girls and it really is quality blogging at it's best!

Secondly, I just had to share with you sweet Christine's sleepover post!!  Christine from Christine's Home and Travel Adventures planned the most fun and relaxing pajama party for her and two friends recently.  
Look at this gorgeous table she set for her friends for a SLEEPOVER!!! Hello!!!  Awesome!  I've read Christine's blog for awhile now and am always impressed by her neat adventures, her beautiful home and yard, and her eye for putting together a gorgeous vignette or table setting.  Christine, I think we need to be closer friends so I can come to your next sleepover! Ha!

I hope everyone will link up with our Homemaking Weekend Link-Up and take a button to display on your blog to help remind you of the weekly party!  Just look at the top of my sidebar for the cute little button with the squirrel!  Happy Weekend! 

Check out my giveaway here!

Also linking with: 

7 comments:

  1. That table setting is gorgeous! I host a tea party every year and I'm getting better and better at sitting it up. But, it still never looks as wonderful as that.

    ~J3ss1ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I would like to thank you for featuring my blog, Sarah. Thank you so much for your kindness. It's people like you who I meet here that makes me enjoy blogging so much. Secondly, wo! I love your vintage print. Are they a couple of pilgrims who are hunting? This frame is so perfect for the season. I love vintage and antique prints and this is one of the best that I have seen. Also, thanks for featuring about chatelaines. That is so interesting. I will have to visit Ivy and Elephants to learn more....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,
    Thanks so much for featuring us! You are such a doll. You are the hostest with the mostest.

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - I just found your blog and I love it! It is great to "hear" your sweet voice and I love that I will get to connect with you in another way besides just church on Sundays. Have a wonderful weekend my friend and I will visit with you soon!
    Miriah

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!Thank you so much Sarah for such glowing comments about our blog. We had the best time with this post because it is so close to our hearts, too. We are so pleased to be featured by you and are proudly sporting our "featured" button on our side bar.
    It is always a pleasure to visit your lovely blog and party. Many thanks.
    Hugs,
    Patti and Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, that decorative taste delicious. Nice pictures. I wish you a happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah, thanks again for inviting me! I adore your Pilgrims print. I used to collect pilgrim figurines, but finally sold them. Now I wish I'd kept some of them...lol. I think I like them partly because Thanksgiving decorations sometimes seem to "get lost" in the hustle bustle of Christmas. Ivy and Elephants is one of my favorite blogs and Christine's tablescape is beautiful - I'm also a follower of her blog! Hugs, Cindy
    P.S. I'd like to invite you to post my blog button on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Please consider signing up for EMAIL NOTICES so you'll have a reminder of our weekly HOMEMAKING PARTY---and more! Have a wonderful day!

Mrs. Sarah Coller

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...