---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year Goals & Homemaking Link-Up!

Do you have any goals for this new year?  I have quite a few but, above all else, my main goal is to not do things that I don't really want to do or that I know I don't have the time to do.  I want this to be a "no-obligation" year.  An obligation is different than a responsibility in this sense.  An obligation, as I'm referring to it, is something that I shouldn't have gotten myself into but, since I've gotten myself into it, I feel obligated to follow through.  I want this to be a simple year.  I need a simple life for a little bit! :)

Here are some of my goals for this new year.  Please scroll down to join weekend Homemaking Link-up!



Relational Goals


*Walk With Jesus*

1.    Work Through Elizabeth Prentiss Study

2.    Work through Proverbs---my notes on it’s wisdom for women

3.    Prepare for my turn to teach Women’s Sunday School weeks ahead of time

4.    Spend time with God out of desire, not out of guilt

5.    Listen to praise/worship music on my NEW stereo while doing kitchen chores


*Marriage*

1.    Remember that Jamie desires a sweet spirit above anything else

2.    Ask what the needs are instead of assuming---his expectations of me are far simpler than what I think they are!

3.    Pray for his goals:  weight loss, finishing Bachelors Degree this fall, looking for long-term work


*Children*

     1.   Homeschool consistently Jan-May; take short summer break; continue Aug-Nov

     2.   Prepare L, M, E for standardized testing this year; follow through on testing whether it’s “their year” or not

     3.   Be very choosy about outside activities; instead, focus more on building solid characters and obedience training at home :)


*Friends*


1.    No obligation friendships:  schedule “friend time” when and if it works for our family and stop feeling guilty when it doesn’t! :)


*Ministry*


     1.  Remember that my ministry is my family.  Anything else is extra and not mandatory.

2.  Prepare for ministry commitments in a timely manner.  Study and prepare Women’s Sunday School lessons and Bible Study lessons before the night before.

     3.  This year I will serve on the Women’s Ministry board at our church.  Remember that this is, for me, a no-obligation ministry.  I will serve when I can and when it works well for my family.


Hobby/Creativity Goals


*Writing*


    1.   Submit at least one blog post a week to Christian Home online magazine---I’m already an established contributor there.

    2.   Consider whether I have the time to pursue other freelance opportunities and possibly do so.

    3.   Continue with my blog, posting at least twice weekly.  Bring followers up to 300 by the end of the year.


*Etsy*


    1.  Continue adding crafty items and vintage/antique items. 

    2.  Try to phase out candy sales until the holiday season comes again as it’s too big a temptation to have in the house.


*Sewing*


    1.  Really focus on finishing up projects I’ve started and using up my stash.  Some ideas include:  marble bags, crazy quilts

*Crafting*


    1.  Work on using up stash.

    2.  Host a CTMH party in early spring.

    3.  Refine the art of the ATC! :)


*Musical*


    1.  Decide which instrument of my 3 that I want to learn first:  Celtic Harp, Cello, A/E guitar?  I think I’m leaning toward Celtic Harp.

    2.  Patiently accept Jamie’s help in learning it!

    3.  Establish routine of singing hymns with kids before bed.


*Reading*


    1.  Read 50 books.

    2.  Be more involved in BookCrossing.

    3.  Read regularly with the kids.


Homemaking Goals


*Home *


1.    Plan meals and grocery lists several days before shopping trip.

2.    Reassign chores to distribute the work a little better.

3.    Continue working on my kitchen to make it a more pleasant place to work.

4.    Focus more on healthy homemade recipes.

5.    Shabby-Chic my piano and hutch.  Do a good job so Jamie will let me do my dining room table and matching hutch too!  Also want to do the antique dressers in my kitchen and bedroom.

6.    Plant vegetables and flowers this spring.

7.    Buy a red geranium and put it in a green pot for my porch chair.


Health Goals

*Physical*

1.    Drink plenty of water daily.  

2.    Set up small challenges for myself and reward myself when I accomplish them.

3.    Ride my bike when weather is nice.

4.    Go for walks…by myself and with family.
What are some of your 2012 goals?  Please join me this week by linking up your homemaking-related posts!  *****Do you need an email reminder?  Let me know in the comments below and I'll send you a weekly reminder about our Homemaking Link-Up Weekend via email.  (Please remember to add your email address if you want the reminder!!)*****
Also linking to:


13 comments:

  1. You are so organized, Sarah. Good luck in achieving all your goals. I haven't thought about mine yet. Just too busy thinking about grandbabies, which BTW, one just arrived the day after Christmas. I hope you get to meet her on my blog. The twins are due within 2 weeks. I hope you and your wonderful family have a Happy New Year full of blssings, love, health and prosperity...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sarah,
    Wow, you have set the goal bar so high...I am taking it slowly...my foucus is so less I should take a closer look at what I want to accomplish..I do have plans but I know if they are too many they wont be met! I truly want to be happy this coming year..that is my main goal so I start my day with a great big THANK YOU LORD for another day..I will do my best to make it great! I'm sure both of us will make our goals...
    Happy New Year!
    Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goal is to finish the school year with good grades!

    My PINK, please come and see. Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for cello! Oh wait, it's not a vote? ;) I love the cello. I hope to learn it someday. Sounds like you have some fantastic goals! Love the one about no obligation friendships. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goal is to try to pay off debts hehehe. Came to wish you a happy new year. Drop by to see my PINK when you get a chance. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful post! I too am married to my high school sweetheart. We have been married for 30 years. We have four beautiful children. I love the Lord and seek and follow His guidance every day. I am thankful that He led me to your blog.

    Happy New Year!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah,
    I'm stopping by to wish you a Happy New Year! You have a lot of goals for the year! For the first time in many, many years I didn't make any actual "resolutions" although I do have some goals, also, I hope to accomplish. Thank you for being one of my faithful blog followers!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sarah! I am so sorry that I haven't been by to visit you. I've been naughty! :(

    At any rate, I am very proud of you that you are so organized with your goals for the New Year. I don't think that I have gotten as specific as yourself, but I like your idea of not doing things you don't really want to do, nor feel obligated to do. I think that's very wise.

    Anyway, take care, and I hope that you had a wonderful holiday season with your family!

    -M. Wildflower

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for the inspiring message. Hope to see you in my Pink Saturday entries one and two. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I stumbled here from Swap-bot-- you are my partner for the savoury soup swap (that is a tongue twister!). Wow, it looks like you have lots of yummy things cooking! Looking forward to swapping with you.

    In Christ,
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sarah,
    That's a comprehensive set of goals you have .....I wish you success in all of them.
    My main goal for this year is to take better care of myself health wise and emotionally.
    God Bless
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You are such a busy lady :-)
    I pray you achieve what you hope for in 2012, Sarah.
    I like the point you make of keeping your home and family vocation first and foremost!
    God will certainly honour that for you.
    My goal is to learn to be a more loving and nurturing person this year.
    Thanks for linking to LACE.
    Many blessings to you and your loved ones for the New Year!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a list ! What I like about this is that it's not just four or five random resolutions. They are things that I believe you will really work towards. Things that will bring you closer to God. Resolutions with God as the goal are the best to have. Goodluck.

    ♥SB 3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Please consider signing up for EMAIL NOTICES so you'll have a reminder of our weekly HOMEMAKING PARTY---and more! Have a wonderful day!

Mrs. Sarah Coller

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...